Dear patients and our community, As you already know, the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is very real and it is everyone’s responsibility to help keep our community safe from the rapid spread of Coronavirus. To help slow the spread of this virus, it is now more important than ever to take an abundance of caution to help protect you, your family, our community and our healthcare system.
Because there are many unknowns about Coronavirus and things can change rapidly, we believe using common sense is the best measure to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
If you are feeling ill or experiencing any of the following symptoms, please stay home and limit your exposure to other people:
- Fever (oral temperature 100.4° or higher) or symptoms of fever (such as chills or body aches) within the past 24 hours. Please do not consider yourself fever-free until your temperature has been normal for at least 24 hours without the use of Tylenol.
- Shortness of breath and/or cough that is not known to be caused by another condition (for example allergies).
- Close contact with a person known/suspected to be infected with COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
Prevention is the best medicine. Here are some additional resources for our patients and the community during this critical time.
What You Can Do To Take Care Of Yourself
The most important things you can do to support your immune system are really basic:
- Don’t panic. Stress is bad for your immune system. It’s normal to have worried thoughts. Just don’t entertain them for too long. Make some time to do something enjoyable each day and connect with loved ones.
- Wash your hands frequently and don’t touch your face unless you just washed your hands.
- Get enough sleep. Turn off the screens and start winding down a little earlier.
- Drink lots of water to support healthy mucous membranes as the first line of defense. Hot water and tea have been shown to inhibit viruses in our throat.
- Eat more nutrient-dense whole foods, soups, and bone broth.
- Eat less inflammatory foods: sugar, industrial seed oils, processed foods, alcohol, and foods you are sensitive to (wheat, dairy, eggs, nightshades, etc.)
- Support lung health by doing some even breathing, preferably outdoors in the fresh air, to move circulation and clear out toxins. Breathe in through your nose for a count of 5, hold for 1 count, then out through your mouth for a count of 5, hold for 1 count. Repeat. Make the counts even and not too long that you struggle.
1. What You Can Do To Help Boost Your Immune System
At Life Balance Clinic we take the proactive approach and offer now a new Immune Support Program which includes Acupuncture and Blood Irradiation Therapy. Studies show regular acupuncture treatments can actually increase the number of T cells the body produces. T cells destroy harmful bacteria and viruses in the body. Blood Irradiation also strengthens the immune system and improves overall health. Call us today at 847-724-1777
Up-to-date COVID-19 Data from the World Health Organization
For the current number of cases worldwide, the World Health Organization maintains a COVID-19 Situation Report worldwide:httpss://experience.arcgis.com/experience/685d0ace521648f8a5beeeee1b9125cd
As acupuncturists and practitioners of Traditional Chinese Medicine, we are committed to the health and safety of our community. With your help and support, we can all take part in mitigating the spread of COVID-19.
We want to inform you that we are staying open during regular business hours and making all the necessary precautions to keep our clinic safe for our patients. Thank you and stay safe.