What is Adjunctive Therapy?
Acupuncture, moxibustion and other traditional Chinese therapies are often very effective in helping your body return to balance, but extra support is needed in many cases so you can reach your goals.
These adjunctive “extra” therapies provide symptomatic relief; allow for greater cell and tissue rejuvenation; and strengthen muscles and connective tissue after lack of use. This is why patients seeking the best results possible are searching for acupuncture clinics with adjunctive therapies in Glenview, IL.
In What Cases is Adjunctive Therapy Used?
Example of adjunctive therapy indications include a wide range of chronic illnesses and injuries with moderate to severe presentations:
- Adjunctive therapy for mental health may focus on providing nutritional support for healthy brain function, or changing negative thinking patterns.
- Degenerative musculoskeletal issues such as osteoarthritis
- Gastrointestinal problems, where there may be chronic inflammation or underlying food intolerances
- Aging skin, which is partly caused by poor circulation and slow tissue repair
- Injuries, particularly those that haven’t healed within the expected timeframe.
- Prevention of sports injuries, which are often from chronic misuse or overuse.
What Does Adjunctive Therapy Include?
Physiological therapeutics and adjunctive therapies may be recommended and administered alongside your other treatment, including:
- Electrotherapy uses specific frequencies to stimulate healing and can be incorporated into your treatment as electroacupuncture.
- Vibrating massagers improve your overall muscle health as well as improving your mobility and flexibility. They are not only useful for athletes but also for anyone suffering from muscle pain or mobility issues
- Therapeutic and rehabilitative exercises teach your body correct movement and weight-bearing patterns to help prevent injuries from developing or worsening. They are important adjunctive therapies that can improve strength and flexibility after injuries, or years of insufficient use.
- Cold laser therapy can be delivered as a stand-alone treatment, as laser acupuncture, or during your sessions with other treatments. Specific frequencies are able to enhance wound healing, improve circulation, boost brain function and even reduce scarring.
- Infrared therapy is a specific kind of light, redder than visible red light, which may improve cellular energy production and soothe inflammation.
- Hypnotherapy can reveal and clear negative subconscious thought patterns to relieve depression and anxiety.
- Nutritional consulting and dietary therapy can help resolve nutrient deficiencies and uncover food intolerances.
Adjunctive Therapy at Life Balance Clinic
At Life Balance Clinic, Dr. Vadim Dekhtyar, DACM is proud to provide a wide range of treatments that give you both symptomatic relief and long-term healing. If you’ve been searching for “adjunctive therapy near me” and don’t know where to start, we can help you find the right path.
For more information on the best comprehensive treatment plan for you, call us at 847-724-1777.